Okay, so you found your way here through one of my social channels, for either finance, fitness, or business development and you need help reaching your goals! So first and foremost HEYYYYYYYY!!!! THANK YOU for taking a few minutes out of your day to read my very own blog! (I’ve been ghost writing and co writing blogs for the past year, so this being on my very own page under my name IS KINDA A BIG DEAL!!!)
Anywho, the topic at hand: “LOVE HANDLES” or “MUFFIN TOPS” or “THE TIRE AROUND YOUR WAIST” whatever you call it, IT’S GOT TO GO!!! With 9 years as a personal trainer and bodybuilder here are my 5 tips to help say BUH-BYE permanently!
1) Water! You hear that sound?? That’s the sound of your kidneys and liver begging you to flush them with water!! Water is your BEST FRIEND!! Let’s not even get into the scientific reasonings, but just the fat flushing qualities of water. I know, I know drinking all that water makes you pee uncontrollably throughout the day right? What is so bad about peeing? I mean, if you have a pile of trash in your kitchen, are you going to keep stepping over it while simultaneously dumping junk on top?? I hope not! You’ll take that stinky mess out! Welp, the same goes for your kidneys and fat, you have to take the bacteria out! Unfortunately we don’t have tiny little garbage men inside us but we do have water! The more water you drink = The more you’ll have to pee = the more bacteria will leave your body = the more fat cells will reduce their size and leave!!!
2) STOP Eating SALADS!!! Salads are a sure fire way to trick you into thinking you’re eating healthy! “But Eb its rabbit food so it HAS to be healthy right?” Sure, if it’s just the lettuce and maybe some grilled chicken or tuna, but it isn’t, is it? Nope! You probably added nuts, sunflower seeds, fruits, avocado, dressing, croutons, cheese and all the toppings which SUBSTANTIALLY increase your caloric intake without adding to the fulfilled sensation you need! Instead of eating a salad, measure out a variety of food and separate it into resealable containers then freeze or refrigerate it and cook it the night before or wake up 20 mins earlier before work and cook it the morning of (if you’re one who doesn’t like leftovers!)
3) Lemons! I can always spot a bodybuilder from afar if they are eating on lemons! Lemons satiate food cravings! Due to their soluble pectin fiber, they make you feel full longer! These bad boys also increase your urine output which means BUH-BYE bacteria and fat cells! Lemons also help protect against anemia! No, they don’t have a substantial amount of iron, but the citric acid helps your body absorb more iron from the foods you already eat!
4) Probiotics - My secret weapon! What most people fail to incorporate in their diets are probiotics! Thank goodness for the new Kombucha phase that have people trying different things! In all honesty, probiotics have been around for centuries! Kombucha, sauerkraut, kimchi, greek yogurt, miso, cottage cheese JUST TO NAME A FEW! Probiotics are high bacteria having food that kills the bad bacteria in your stomach balancing out your gut flora and increasing your overall health! Yes, high probiotic foods are fermented, it is good for you and some foods even taste delicious! But if you can’t stomach them, they do also have pre and probiotic supplements you can purchase from your local grocery store!
5) The GOOD Fats!! (In moderation, of course!) For years we’ve heard ALL fat is bad for you, but SOME fats were better, turns out that’s only half wrong! There are good fats and bad fats, fats that make you gain weight and other that help you lose it! I’m going to save the science behind fat for another blog but for this one; lets just discuss the fats you need! (Remember eat fats according to what your body needs! So moderation is different for every single body!) A few fats you need to add ASAP to your diet are coconut oil, greek yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, chia seeds, and of course avocados! Now if you’re like me, I dislike almost everything I just listed except coconut and olive oil so to add the healthy fats to my diet, I take CLA supplements! 3 a day for my body is all the Dr requires! My HDL’s are high and my LDL’s are low!
I hope these FITT-Five Tips helped you today! Next week we’re discussing 5 easy ways to make extra money!